Microverse is a school that finds the most talented individuals in the world, trains them in software engineering while they work as part of a distributed team and connects them with remote jobs.
At Microverse, there are no classes or physical classrooms. Instead, students learn using a very unique approach — by remote pair programming and collaborating with other students in real time, just as they would with colleagues if they were part of a distributed team in a real company.
We have full-time students in 50+ countries and 10,000 applicants per month from 200 countries. Among those applicants, we select the top 0.3% and don't charge them anything until they get a job.
We are looking for a seasoned software developer with experience teaching and coaching others to help us improve and lead the curriculum and instructional design of our software development program.
As Microverse’s Curriculum Director, you will be responsible for shaping our teacher-less and project/mastery learning-based approach to teaching.
We believe that educational content is a commodity and we work on curating the best content in the world. Your job won't be to create new content for our curriculum. Instead, you will be designing the processes and projects to provide support, structure, and accountability to train future software developers who are ready to join distributed teams around the world.
This is an opportunity to shape an early-stage company and be part of a movement that is trying to connect millions of people with global opportunities regardless of where they are.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design Microverse's software development curriculum
- Apply project-based, self-paced, and mastery-based learning concepts
- Work with the Student Success team to make sure our curriculum and learning projects keep students motivated and in the flow zone
- Work with the Career Prep team to continuously align our learning material with the needs of the companies hiring our students
- Design and manage a program to provide real-time technical help and code reviews for our full-time students
- Help create a learning environment for self-directed learners
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the Computer Science industry
- Experience with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and React
- Strong foundations of algorithms and data structures
- Experience in teaching/coaching
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously, proactively, and humbly with little oversight
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
- Have contributed to open source before
- Have experience working remotely
- Have experience with collaborative, peer-to-peer learning
- Have experience in instructional design
- Are familiar with different LMSs
- Have prior startup experience
- Our team is distributed all around the world
- You will report directly to the CEO and founder of the company
- You will work with the Admissions Director, the Student Success team, Code Reviewers and Career Coaches.
How to apply
- Send us a short paragraph telling us why you think you are a great fit for this position and include the word "apple" just to make sure that you read the entire job description :)
* The position is a full-time remote position.
Microverse is an equal opportunity employer and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply