Countable is seeking political-savvy writers who can create engaging, unbiased content on the news of the day for Countable.us and subject-appropriate content for Causes.com.
Whether you’re writing for Countable or Causes, your content should be succinct, clean, and clickable.
Countable seeks gifted writers with a deep passion about the issues, politics, and ideas of American democracy. The perfect candidate understands real government processes – legislation to regulation - and knows how to articulate them in actual human speech. S/he intuits the editorial clash between what users need to know and what they want to know, always striving for the perfect balance: content that is both important and engaging.
Please click over to www.countable.us for examples.
While Countable is committed to an unbiased, but unabashed, coverage of politics, our newest acquisition, Causes, requires someone who can create petitions that appeal to users on specific points of the political spectrum. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who can produce petitions/ “campaigns” for “Stop Animal Cruelty,” “Hold Corporate America Responsible,” “Mother Earth,” and a Conservative-leaning Cause.
Once you’ve visited the site, you’ll see how creating a campaign may include writing a 250-word description, posting associated media content, and crafting a petition.
Please click over to www.causes.com for examples.
• Pitch unique story ideas, then write accepted stories in the Countable style.
• Pitch and write campaigns for “Stop Animal Cruelty,” “Hold Corporate
America Responsible,” “Mother Earth,” and a Conservative-leaning Cause.
• Impeccable writing and copy editing skills.
• Understanding of American government & politics.
• Ability to understand and adjust to editorial notes.
• Thrive under deadline pressure.
• Playfulness, enthusiasm, and creativity.
• Ability to work independently on tight deadlines
• May assist with the promotion of content on social media.
Freelancers interested in writing for us should send in a:
• Resume or LinkedIn profile link.
• Cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working with us.
• Writing sample or links to previously published clips.
• Pitches for Countable stories AND pitches for Causes (“Stop Animal Cruelty,”
Looking forward to working with you and thanks for wanting to make America a more perfect union.Apply