This senior software developer will be the 3rd member of the engineering team (which currently consists of the CTO and 1 senior software developer) and the 9th member of the company. The mission is to increase our product development bandwidth by being able to own the requirements review, development, testing, deployment, and ongoing technical support for a subset of our features and products.
For the past 2.5 years, we have been a small team of 4 folks working to grow influence. We've hit an inflection point in the business and are looking to grow the team to ~10 people by EOY.
Influence.co is a 100% remote work company. All employees at influence.co work from home or from a co-working space. We have learned that working remotely is not a situation that everyone actually enjoys or, frankly, is good at despite their best intentions. It takes incredible discipline, self-structure, communication skills and a remote work environment that is conducive to startup level work hours. We will heavily favor candidates who have demonstrated remote work experience in the past.
- Extensive experience with Ruby on Rails
- Have a successful history of remote work
- Be able to legally work in US
- Are located in a contiguous-US timezone
- 3+ years of experience as a full-stack web developer responsible for shipping production code
- Experience with MongoDB
Nice to haves
- Experience with SQL, Elasticsearch, and Redis
- Experience performance tuning database queries and application servers
Our tech stack
- Frameworks: Rails v5, Bootstrap, Mongoid v6, Sidekiq, rspec
- Datastores: MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcached
- Dev ops: Github, Codeship, Capistrano, Unicorn, nginx, Digital Ocean
Influence.co is the leading platform for the influencer marketing industry to meet, share, engage and collaborate. With over 100K members in 131 countries, we help both aspiring and established influencers continually develop their craft by sharing and learning from their peers. In addition, with over 15K brands and 3K agencies, influence.co is the go-to resource to find the best influencers for your projects anyway around the world. We are currently a very small team of high performers about to expand to handle our growth.Apply