We have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the World allowing creators, musicians and rights holders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more money while exposing their content to wider audiences.
On our stack:
Our stack is very complex (https://softwareengineeringdaily.com/2018/06/22/video-search-with-rasty-turek/), spanning tens of thousands of servers (https://cloud.google.com/customers/pex/) and trillions of rows of data (https://www.citusdata.com/customers/pex).
On the front-end, we use TypeScript, mobx-state-tree, jest and cypress. On the backend it's a mix of Go, Java, C/C++ and some other languages for an exact purpose. For data we primarily use PostgreSQL (horizontally distributed by citus) and FoundationDB. We have an extensive CI/CD pipeline split between Jenkins and Drone.
- Build, manage and monitor our extensive infrastructure
- Optimize our CI/CD pipelines
- Automatize repetitive tasks
- Introduce, test and deploy new technologies that help our engineers to achieve their goals
- Have long exposure to the POSIX ecosystem
- Built scalable infrastructure before
- Intimate knowledge of one of the major cloud services
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning with tools like Terraform
- Experience with infrastructure automation with tools like Ansible
- Solid understanding of networking principles and TCP/IP
- Experience with kernel and network tuning
Extra points if:
- You're interested in containers
- You're interested in new technologies, but you don't want to use in production everything you just read on HN
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Competitive Salary
- 90 days of paid parental leave
- 30 days of PTO
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.Apply