WHO WE ARE
We're a music tech startup based in Melbourne, Australia, with a mostly remote team. Our app, DISCO, helps people and companies who work with music and other media - labels, artists, publishers, music supervisors, management companies, television networks - manage their music workflow. DISCO is used by thousands of people worldwide, from individual artists to some of the world's biggest music and media companies.
Since we launched in 2016, we’ve built a reputation for first class customer support, and for going the extra mile for our customers.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for an experienced technical support lead to lead our support team and be the point person for key enterprise clients.
The candidate can be based anywhere, but will need to be able to cover Australian (AEST) business hours.
The role will involve:
• providing technical support to our customers, primarily by live chat, but also via email and phone and video calls
• writing clear, concise user and internal documentation, and creating helpful support videos
• overseeing the support team, setting up practices that will help us scale as the product grows
• customer success: helping customers get the most out of the product, and working with our design, product and development teams to use customer feedback to improve the product.
While we don't necessarily need you to have experience in a start-up environment, we need someone who is happy to work in a small team on a fast growing product, who is technically adept and communicates clearly.
Our users are passionate about DISCO. We’re looking for someone who understands what we’re doing and is passionate about helping us grow.
We’re looking for someone who:
• has experience supporting and troubleshooting a webapp, including triaging complex technical issues and relating key information to development teams, internal staff and customers
• has very strong attention to detail – part of the role will involve checking the analysis and work done by lower level support staff, so this is crucial
• has excellent written and verbal communication skills (you proof things before you send them; you can write quickly and accurately with the right tone and sound like a human)
• is curious and is always reading up on things you don't know about, and stays on top of trends in technology and things that might affect our startup and your role within it
• has very strong technical fluency (know basic html and css and ideally one other programming language; you pick up new things quickly and like to know how things work)
• has excellent analytical skills (able to troubleshoot problems quickly and efficiently)
• is extremely organised, and able to set up systems for yourself and others
is able to work independently and quickly, and multi task.
DISCO is a supportive, laidback, collaborative environment, with staff in six countries. There are strong opportunities for growth, advancement and leadership roles within the team. DISCO offers the opportunity to take ownership of your area and drive key initiatives within the business. We’re also flexible on working hours and where you work, with remote work an option for the right candidate.
We believe in working hard, supporting each other, and building something great. DISCO started out three years ago, and all of our key staff have been with the company for over two years, with very strong retention across all our departments.
Role will be full time, with salary commensurate with experience.Apply