Your main responsibility is to build highly performant and resilient architecture. You will be constantly challenged by building systems that buttress the existing application and hardware stack while contributing toward greenfield projects. We are the both the arbiters of new technology at HBC as well as shepherds of the existing HBC stack.
At HBC Digital, you’ll become part of a team that values open source technologies, solves challenging and unique problems, and innovates quickly. We’re very passionate about preserving our culture of trust and autonomy. Our teams are small enough to make fast decisions, yet our audience is large enough that our work makes a tremendous impact. We challenge ourselves technically to combat complexity and build fast, highly available, and repeatable architecture.. We iterate in tight loops, and devise creative solutions to difficult problems that must be solved at scale by understanding business needs and creating architecture and software to manage them.
- Docker container technology or Vagrant – A MUST
- Cloud technologies (ie: AWS or Google Cloud or Azure) – A MUST
- JVM or WebLogic or WebSphere or JBoss – A MUST
- Linux or Unix systems – A MUST
- Fluency with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform
- Fluency in web standards like HTTP, JSON and RESTful APIs
- Fluency in web oriented architecture
- Fluency with source code management tools, particularly Git
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc) and NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc)
- Fluency in Continuous Integration and Delivery tools
- Familiarity in a functional, imperative or object-oriented language, particularly Scala or JavaApply