If you love food and wellness and want to join our mission to heal bodies and minds using food as medicine, then we'd love to meet you. We're hiring a senior product manager who will own growth team product management projects. Growth at Methodology isn’t just about doing split tests to optimize the conversion rate but thinking holistically about the entire product experience and envisioning a user experience that drives not only the initial purchase but also long-term engagement and word-of-mouth.
This role is remote as our tech team is spread out across the country, so you'll work from home. However if you’re in the SF Bay Area, you will have the option to work from our offices there.
If you're currently at a large tech company and are tired of the bureaucracy and how slow-moving everything is, you'll love joining our nimble team. We've worked together for nearly 8 years, so you're joining a team that gets along extremely well and has a high degree of mutual respect and trust.
In this role, your work will have a major impact on:
- A product that's a key part of our customers' everyday lives and empowers them to feel their absolute best every day
- The effectiveness of our product in helping customers stay engaged in order to achieve their wellness goals
- Attracting new customers motivated to change their lives through consistent, healthy eating
- Translating complex business ideas and goals into products with high attention to detail that illustrate simplicity and sound functionality
- Helping spread awareness and education throughout America about food as medicine
- Improve our technology at every part of the customer lifecycle as well as the tech we've built to support our internal customer support, operations, and culinary teams
- Develop innovative digital education products that can be used by anyone in the country, regardless of whether they can get our food
- Mange our tech backlog by writing and prioritizing engineering stories
- Analyze data to ensure our decisions and prioritization are not only intuitive but backed by sound data analysis
- Ensure our product roadmap moves along quickly enough to hit our key deadlines
- Ensure the engineers and designers on the newly-formed Growth team understand the context behind the work that you ask them to do
- Ensure that the Growth team hits its timelines and goals 100% of the time
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You have at least 6 years of product management experience at a tech company - highly engaged social media companies, viral brands, and innovative ecommerce sites preferred
- Able to set up best-in-class product management practices and systems where there currently are none
- Able to work backwards from a long-term product vision to create a clear product roadmap that gives the team clear direction
- Able to work systematically and strategically to make product enhancements that get us to product market fit
- Able to motivate and inspire your team and other teams at the business
- Able to manage up properly to remain constantly in sync with the founders
- Able to collaborate effectively across teams
- Able to write clear and accurate stories for an engineering backlog
- Your background is very strong either on the technical side or the user experience design side (we are looking for a product person for this role, not a marketer)
- Highly analytical and able to easily analyze data sets in Excel
- Possess deep curiosity about the principles of nutrition, health and wellness
- Highly collaborative with team orientation; always defaults to "we" over "me"
- Ability to work proactively and effectively, with minimal guidance and oversight; is an exceptional creative problem solver
- Decisive, action-oriented, scrappy and resourceful
- Is highly empathic and committed to "do the most good for the most people"
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where everyone is expected to make a big impact
- Flexible, well-organized and able to manage a high-volume workload and numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressures
- The opportunity to do meaningful work and help people live healthier, more vibrant lives
- A collaborative team environment where you'll have the opportunity to contribute to, work with and learn from other smart people
- Generous compensation, equity participation, and comprehensive health, dental, and vision
- Plentiful vacation
- Able to work remotely from anywhereApply