If you love food and wellness and want to bring stunning design to food and e-commerce, then we'd love to meet you. We're building a brand new team focused specifically on growth, and managed by our CEO. Central to this team is a designer who is excited about iterating quickly to enable this team to constantly test, tweak, and optimize our customer experience. If you’re passionate about building amazing digital experiences for customers, this is the design role for you!
This is a mostly remote role that will be based in Los Angeles, CA. You’ll work from home most days but will work in person with the team 1-2 days per week in Venice, CA.
If you're currently at a large tech company and are tired of the bureaucracy and how slow-moving everything is, you'll love joining our nimble team. If you want to work at a company that is changing people’s lives for the better by using food as medicine, you’ll love furthering our mission. If you want to be somewhere that values design and puts good design at the forefront, you’ll love our approach.
In this role, your work will have a major impact on:
- Working with the team responsible for iterating quickly to get us to product market fit as soon as possible
- A product that's a key part of our customers' everyday lives and empowers them to feel their absolute best every day
- Attracting new customers motivated to change their lives through consistent, healthy eating
- Our bottom line, the Growth team’s MO is to increase conversion rates and drive revenue!
- Owning design for major customer touchpoints on our web and mobile experience - the onramp, referral program, and Emails / SMS
- Conduct user tests, face-to-face interviews, and field research to better understand our customers' needs and pain points
- Create user personas that can applied to brainstorming and design prototyping
- Able to work quickly, properly prioritize tasks, and know when you should be perfectionist vs. not in order to ensure you always hit your deadlines, no matter how tight they may be (ie you will not allow design to be the bottleneck of the team)
In the first 6 months you will:
- Collaborate closely with the CEO on designing the UI and UX for split tests for our onramp, referral system, and email / sms marketing
- Do one 2-3 hour in-person work session with the CEO each week at her home in Venice
- Gain a deep understanding of and become an advocate for our target consumer, with consideration of our future goals and expansion of our target portfolio
- Leverage qualitative feedback from members and quantitative feedback from analytics to inform and iterate the product, features and flows to improve the member experience and ultimately their health outcomes
- Create visuals and content that achieves the business and communications strategy
- Demonstrate the ability to make meaningful contributions with minimal guidance and oversight
- Collaborate effectively with others to enable fast iterations on design and digital customer experiences
- Maintain style guide and ensure consistency for all design executions
- Hold a strong understanding of the business model long-term goals to achieve today's objectives while planning for the future
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Able to hit your deadlines 100% of the time
- UX/UI experience building web consumer products/services and keeps current on the latest UX design trends and developments
- Exceptional visual design and UI skills and always designs for our target users
- Experience with fast-paced agile development processes
- Mobile-first web and app approach to design
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, ability to prototype quickly and able to quickly learn new tools
- Possess deep curiosity about the principles of nutrition, health and wellness
- Highly collaborative with team orientation; always defaults to "we" over "me."
- Ability to work proactively and effectively, with minimal guidance and oversight; is an exceptional creative problem solver.
- Decisive, action-oriented, scrappy and resourceful.
- Is highly empathic and committed to "do the most good for the most people"
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where everyone is expected to make a big impact.
- Flexible, well-organized and able to manage a high-volume workload and numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressures
- The opportunity to do meaningful work and help people live healthier, more vibrant lives
- A collaborative team environment where you'll have the opportunity to contribute to, work with and learn from other smart people
- A generous discount on Methodology & the option to participate in programs for free
- Generous compensation, equity participation, and comprehensive health, dental, and vision
- Plentiful vacationApply