If you love food, wellness, and building movement-driving lifestyle brands, we'd love to meet you. Methodology is hiring a Director of Marketing who will own all elements of our marketing strategies, including brand strategy and positioning, storytelling, media buying, email marketing, influencer and PR outreach, social media, and photo and video content. The Director of Marketing will also work with very closely our business development and product team to ensure we’re designing and building a product that grows through strategic partnerships and word-of-mouth.
We’re planning to grow as quickly as possible and are looking for someone able to handle the demands of a hitting ambitious growth targets each quarter. The ideal candidate has experience leading a marketing team at a consumer brand that has grown insanely quickly by leveraging multiple marketing channels as well as smart growth product design.
This role reports directly to the COO and is located in San Francisco or Los Angeles.
In this role, your work will have a major impact on:
- A product that's a key part of our customers' everyday lives and empowers them to feel their absolute best every day
- Attracting new customers motivated to change their lives through consistent, healthy eating
- The effectiveness of our product in helping customers stay engaged in order to achieve their wellness goals
- Helping spread awareness and education throughout America about food as medicine
- Turning us into a leading media food-for-wellness brand with high-quality and ideally viral content across Instagram, YouTube, and more
At a high level, the most important thing we need you to do is hit our revenue, CPA, LTV, and subscriber base growth targets. The responsibilities below are strategies and projects that we believe are most likely to help you get there, but it will be up to you to figure out exactly how to achieve your goals. This is a senior role and we expect you to be able to own all aspects of our marketing with little to no guidance. We expect you to come in and teach us about marketing, not vice versa.
- Collaborate with our Director of Business Development to build out an influencer partnership platform / marketplace and own the end-to-end funnel needed to source and close these partnerships.
- Build the largest base of celebrity influencers, influencers, and micro-influencers of any food brand.
- Own campaigns from beginning to end, from defining goals and strategies to analyzing data, sharing insights, and defining next steps so that we continuously improve our performance.
- Turn us into a content machine with the most educational and engaging nutrition and food content on Instagram, the blog, and YouTube.
- Manage our media buying team to ensure spend is scaling efficiently and that creative is in line with our overall brand strategy.
- Manage a high volume of projects simultaneously.
- Build our Instagram following and turn Instagram into a key marketing channel that generates meaningful revenue
- Manage our PR agency to ensure they are getting us consistent, impactful nationwide coverage
- Launch new marketing channels (podcasts, TV, etc.) and scale existing channels as needed once we ship nationwide
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years experience in marketing at a consumer brand company, media company, or branding agency
- Willing and able to get into the weeds and execute on campaigns by writing copy, creating ads, picking images, etc. as the marketing team is still small (it will consist of you plus one senior marketing manager and one director of business development)
- Experience in the wellness or lifestyle industry a plus
- Exceptional communication and copywriting skills
- A strong balance between creative and analytical skills
- Ability to work proactively and effectively, with minimal guidance and oversight
- An exceptional creative problem solver
- Decisive, action-oriented, scrappy and resourceful
- Highly empathetic and committed to "do the most good for the most people"
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where everyone is expected to make a big impact
- Able to execute at a fast pace and high level.
- Scrappy, not afraid to get hands dirty and get things done
- Flexible, well-organized and able to manage a high-volume workload and numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressures
- Experience working directly with visual and marketing professionals to deliver assets under tight deadlines and/or quick turnaround times
- Strong understanding of social media marketing, including Instagram and Facebook
- Ability to be creative and produce new ideas, concepts, and design that fit with Methodology’s identity and brand
- The opportunity to do meaningful work and help people live healthier, more vibrant lives
- A collaborative team environment where you'll have the opportunity to contribute to, work with and learn from other smart people
- A generous discount on Methodology & the option to participate in programs for free
- Generous compensation, equity participation, and comprehensive health, dental, and vision
- Plentiful vacationApply