Who We Are
At Cross River, we’re building the best banking and technology products for fintechs, all through APIs. As venture-backed pioneers of the platform-based financial services model known as the sponsor, or partner, bank, we work closely with our partners to offer products such as payments rails and loan origination services to the latest in regulatory and compliance solutions. What drives us every day? A desire to innovate in the service of financial inclusion. Giving access to consumers, whether they are looking for credit or for a better way to pay has been in our DNA from day one. Our nimble, adaptive, one-step ahead culture is powered by our people, and as a result of their creativity, tech-forward thinking and collaborative spirit, we are experiencing explosive growth.
What we’re looking for
Cross River’s Compliance team makes sure that our business is always consistent with current regulations, and as Senior Compliance Analyst, you play a key role. The Senior Compliance Analyst - MPL Compliance reports directly to the VP MPL Compliance Office. This position is primarily responsible for assisting the Cross River with ensuring that Strategic Partners are compliant with federal and state lending regulations as well as Bank requirements. This position involves planning, organization and execution of the MPL Compliance Group’s day-to-day operational compliance activities. The Senior Compliance Analyst also involves overseeing enhancements to, and execution of, CRB’s Compliance Management System as it relates to the CRB Strategic Partnership Program.
The Compliance team cares about results, not activity, and we have fun doing it. If you like challenging problems, are analytical, and a great team player—we want to hear from you!
• Support the VP-MPL Compliance Officer in acting as the primary contact for compliance related information and activities as they relate to the assigned Strategic Partnership Program.
• Ensure that existing and proposed CRB and Strategic Partner Program business practices, policies, procedures, marketing materials, customer correspondence, documents and disclosures comply with federal and state regulations.
• Assist in the execution of the MPL Compliance Management System (“MPL CMS”) and ensure Strategic Partners meet their obligations under the same.
• Assist in the execution of compliance testing and monitoring programs to test relevant compliance controls and procedures, including, but not limited to, fair lending reviews.
• Assist and support the VP-MPL Compliance Officer in determining the impact of key developments related to regulatory compliance within the Strategic Partnership Program and communicating those findings to senior management and other business/control units within CRB.
• Perform site visit reviews of Strategic Partner Programs.
• Support the VP-MPL Compliance Officer and CRB management during regulatory exams and/or internal audits.
• Ensure new and existing policies and procedures accurately reflect regulatory requirements, business practices, and 3rd party oversight principles.
• Assist in addressing internal and external audit findings and help prepare responses as requested.
• BA/BS Degree
• Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in consumer lending compliance or in a compliance capacity in financial services.
• JD, MBA, or CRCM is preferred but not required.
• Extensive knowledge of the laws, regulations, and subjects applicable to consumer lending products and services: TILA, ECOA, FCRA, UDAAP, SCRA, E-Sign, Privacy, etc.
• Excellent operational knowledge of consumer lending products and services.
• Experience completing and/or review of Risk and Self Assessments.
• Experience creating and administering compliance related training modules.
• Experience creating and administering consumer compliance testing and monitoring activities, including, but not limited to, transactions, disclosures, and websites.
• Ability to research and analyze laws and regulations in a meaningful manner.
• Integrity, ability to work independently, and strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Independent self-starter with the ability to follow through and complete tasks in a team environment
• Will be responsible for coordinating with multiple parties, therefore candidate must demonstrate a cooperative attitude and exceptional interpersonal and consensus building skills.
• Must be able to work under pressure and prioritize competing tasks requiring the highest level of attention to detail and accuracyApply