Schoology, one of the fastest growing education technology companies, brings together the best K-12 learning management system with assessment management to improve student performance, foster collaboration, and personalize learning. Millions of students, faculty and administrators from over 60,000 K-12 schools worldwide use Schoology to advance what is possible in education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
Design at Schoology
Here are three things you may want to know about being a Product Designer at Schoology:
* We focus on research and solving the right problems before springing into action.
* Experimenting and testing alternative approaches is something we love to do.
* We welcome creative thinkers with unique perspectives that want to take on challenges and advance what’s possible in education.
Our Product Designers collaborate with all disciplines at every step of the process – from gathering insights, brainstorming, prototyping and experimenting to launching the final experience. You will be part of a team that welcomes all ideas and grows from them.
As a Director of Product Design, you will bring a unique perspective. You will collaborate with a team of diverse talents. You value respect and inclusion and will proactively contribute to that culture.
You enjoy a good challenge. You are not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them. You can deal with ambiguity and are motivated by improving
You are driven by curiosity and the need to learn and continuing to develop.
What you'll do:
* Deliver strong project and career management and growth for the design team.
* Continue to build and grow our user research capabilities to ensure that we have the knowledge we need to make informed product decisions.
* Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and other internal stakeholders to develop the product strategy that will help us to achieve our company vision and objectives.
* Work closely with the Product Management and Engineering teams to build and support cross-functional teams that can deliver the right solutions for our users.
* Drive strategic initiatives and establish scalable processes that allow team members to focus and do their best work.
* Build, foster and advocate a design culture across the company.
* Grow the Product Design team by anticipating hiring needs and recruiting the best individual contributors and managers.
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
* Minimum 10 years industry experience with at least 4 years in a management or leadership role on a Design team providing direction and career development.
* Proven leadership and expertise in high level product strategy. You have successfully shipped products that meet user needs and business goals.
* Demonstrated experience designing workflows for different users with different needs within the same ecosystem.
* Experience working with distributed, remote teams.
* Ability to share design direction and vision with clear rationale with all stakeholders and senior management.
* Excellent communication skills and attention to detail and ability to thrive in cross-functional teams.
* Experience with user research throughout the product lifecycle, incorporating data from multiple sources into decision making.
* Background in designing for web and native platforms as well as experience with design systems.
* A current portfolio available.
All team members at Schoology are expected to embody our core values which are Passion, Collaboration, Innovation, Curiosity and Integrity.
Our mission is to continuously advance what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.Apply