Microverse is a school that finds the most talented individuals in the world, trains them in software engineering while they work as part of a distributed team and connects them with remote jobs.
At Microverse, there are no classes or physical classrooms. Instead, students learn using a very unique approach — by remote pair programming and collaborating with other students in real time, just as they would with colleagues if they were part of a distributed team in a real company.
We have full-time students in 50+ countries and 10,000 applicants per month from 200 countries. Among those applicants, we select the top 0.3% and don't charge them anything until they get a job.
In this role, you will be interacting directly with students as they finish their technical training and start getting ready for the job market. You will have the critical task of making sure that students have everything they need to show employers what they are capable of: resume, LinkedIn profile, portfolio, etc.
On top of that, you will help students prepare for technical and behavioral interviews, coordinate mock interviews, design personalized job application plans, and help them negotiate salary offers. As students start applying to jobs, you will conduct weekly coaching sessions to help them navigate the process.
As part of this role, you will also be tasked with creating learning material as part of our curriculum to guide students in the process of accessing the job market.
This is an opportunity to shape an early-stage company and be part of a movement that is trying to connect millions of people with global opportunities regardless of where they are.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Stay on top of hiring trends and continuously improve upon Microverse's Career Prep curriculum.
- Hold weekly coaching sessions with your assigned students to guide them through the job search journey until they get their first technical job, and subsequently as they move to their 2nd or 3rd job position.
- Coordinate mock interviews between students who are practicing job interviews.
- Track job placement results as students move to the job market.
- Review students' online presence and suggest pixel-perfect improvements on their LinkedIn, AngelList and Github profiles, as well as in their resumes and personal portfolios.
- Work with our Partnerships team to match students to job opportunities in our network of hiring partners.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- 2+ years of experience as a hiring manager for technical roles or on a Recruiting/HR team (staffing agency/corporate, or a mix of both)
- Prior Career Coaching experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations (you will be meeting students in video chat sessions)
- Strong time management skills
- Have a passion for mentoring others and seeing others succeed
- Flexible with a willingness to experiment and learn from it
- Have created documentation to guide people throughout their job search
- Have worked with and/or provided career support to software developers
- Have experience working remotely
- Have prior startup experience
- Have extensive technical professional network
- Are based in Europe/Americas/Africa (for max. timezone overlap with the rest of the team)
- Our team is distributed all around the world
- You will report directly to the CEO and founder of the company
- You will work with the Student Success and Partnerships teams and with other Career Coaches.
How to apply
- Send us a short paragraph telling us why you think you are a great fit for this position and include the word "apple" just to make sure that you read the entire job description :)
* The position is a full-time remote position.
Microverse is an equal opportunity employer and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply